Assistant Casino Manager Job Description and Duties:
– Reports to the ship’s Casino Manager and directly supervises supports and evaluates the performance of the subordinate casino operation positions – Casino Senior Supervisor, Cash Desk Manager, Slot Manager, Casino Dealer/ Croupier, Slot Technician and Casino Cashier
– Oversees and supervises the day-to day operations of the cruise ship casino as directed by the Casino Manager
– Discusses on daily basis with the Casino Manager the requirements of the day’s activities and timeframes for specific tasks within the shipboard casino venue.
– Reviews schedules to estimate timeframes and to ensure speed and efficiency for the specific tasks
– Meets on regular basis with subordinate casino staff to review passenger comments in order to implement revisions and improvements of current practices.
– Supervises the financial aspects of the cruise ship casino operations, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control
– Under the supervision of the Casino Manager and with the help of the subordinate casino operation staff he / she maintains a strong observation and control over all casino games, slot machines and casino cage in order to minimize security treats and fraud cases
– Builds and maintains relationships with Casino VIP guests, and identifies new ones based on feedback from the casino personnel and personal observations.
Assistant Casino Manager Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or basic education equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college/ university or the international equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of one ear supervisory experience in casino table gaming operations
- Ability to make decisions based on sound judgment regarding gaming rules and regulations
- Good command of the English language (both spoken and written), knowledge of additional language(s) is a plus
- Ability to supervise a multinational team of casino personnel in a positive and productive fashion
Assistant Casino Manager Salary Range:
$3600-4400 U.S. per month, depending on the cruise line, commission and size of the ship. Possibilities for promotion to Casino Manager position.