POSITION: Table Games Dealer
WAGE: $6.00 per hour (tipped)
Reports directly to: Table Games Floor Supervisor Location: Gaming Division
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Mohican Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
- Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
- Must have an acceptable attendance record.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must attend all training provided by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Table Games Department.
- Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
- Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- All other assigned duties.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
QUALIFICATIONS: Table Games Dealer Page 2
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Must be proficient in multi-games such as blackjack, roulette and ability to complete training for additional table games.
- Minimum of six months dealing experience is preferred.
- Must have ability to perform intermediate math.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, dynamic personality and strong, interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays, with the ability to stand at a fixed work station for extended periods of time.
- Dealers who have successfully completed poker training will be paid a $.50 per hour shift differential for hours worked dealing poker. Dealers who have successfully completed the craps training program will be paid a $1.00 per hour shift differential for hours worked dealing craps. Minimum of six months dealing experience is required.
- Responsible for dealing and the integrity of the games according to the rules of the games and company policies and procedures.
- Deal games efficiently, accurately and in accordance with internal controls and house procedures.
- Compute payable odds to pay winning bets quickly and accurately.
- Ensures the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must exhibit a cohesive working relationship with all employees.
You may email your completed casino application to Maureen.Christensen@northstarcasinoresort.com
You may email your completed gaming license application to Annette.Schreiber@mohican-nsn.gov
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE
TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE