Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Dealer Dice will perform their duties in accordance with the directives as set down in the Casino Operations Manual ensuring that the highest standards of efficiency, guest service and security are met in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. The Dealer serves as the direct contact between the patrons and the Casino Management and as such is required to conform to the highest levels of professionalism, appearance and communication. The Casino Management may assign a Dealer other duties outside the Casino Operation. The Dealer is expected to perform these duties to the highest standards of efficiency, guest service and integrity. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Deal games in accordance with the rules of the game, policies and procedures.
- Ensures betting compliance and payments in accordance to game rules and limits.
- Provides exchange of currency for chips.
- Informs guests of game rules and enforces game rules in accordance to procedures.
- Ensures game protection and protection of Company’s assets. Informs Supervisor of any suspicious behavior to prevent fraud.
- Verify bankrolls and credits with Supervisor.
- Supervises the proper care and use of Casino equipment and reports any damage or loss immediately to the Supervisor.
- Assist guest with questions regarding Casino activities or refers to appropriate personnel.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Casino Supervisor.
- Maintains the standards and guidelines recommended by SEMS and NCL Casino Operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two years dealing experience is preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in three or more of the following games: Blackjack, Roulette, Let it Ride, Caribbean Stud Poker, 3-Card Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles, Pai Gow Poker, or Texas Hold’em is required.
- Gaming license is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros), is required.
- Required Abilities:
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell.All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds.This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
- THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDSNorwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.