This role requires a self- motivated and proven Leader with outstanding conflict resolution skills. The Pit Manager is responsible for managing Table Games staff and placing special emphasis on customer service, positive employee morale and ensuring compliance with AGLC Regulations and Company Regulations. Dual Rate Pit Boss/Pit Manager – Casino Calgary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Monitors table games activity and customer play to protect the integrity of the games and safeguard the casinos assets.
• Ensures that table games are adequately staffed to meet customer needs.
• Directs the opening and closing of games based on business levels.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of games, house rules, procedures and AGLC Terms and Conditions.
• Enforces the casino rules of the game
• Respond to player disputes and provide a win/win outcome
• Authorizes and supervises the table games fills, credits and comps.
• Rates customer table game activity and identifies high roller action.
• Directly supervises Floor Supervisors and Dealers on assigned shift.
• Hires, coaches, and counsels subordinate employees
• Play an active role in training and development of Gaming Personnel
• Administer discipline and terminates employees as appropriate
• Rewards and recognizes superior performers
• Oversees and ensures that employees work safely and follow all safety rules
• Ensure all table games are being run smoothly and efficiently.
• Acts as a role model for employees and fosters teamwork, employee morale, motivation and open communication.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum 3 years of gaming experience required and a minimum of 1 year experience as a Pit Boss.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Completion of a Grade 12 High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
• Post- secondary education in business or a related field is an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
• Must have valid AGLC license and all required certifications
• Strong understanding of overall casino operations
• Strong knowledge of AGLC Terms and Conditions
• Proven leadership skills and business acumen
• Working knowledge with word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet navigation, and presentation software
• Willing and able to work all shifts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must exhibit exemplary customer service skills
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Please submit application to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: August 17, 2016
Closing Date: Open till suitable candidate found