The Poker Room Manager will be the Champion of guest relationship management ensuring complete guest satisfaction of the Poker Room. This role builds strong relationships with guests and fosters loyalty by personally, and through the teams, acting as a host. This leader manages and drives a loyalty program through the successful use of the Pure Rewards Program and other guest related correspondence. This individual will remain current on company promotions and industry trends.
- Must be a proficient communicator with the ability to write and speak comfortably in public.
- Must be able to speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Must be able to discuss work topics, activities, or challenges with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Demonstrated ability to drive initiatives.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, commendations, performance, discipline, evaluations and review
- Other duties assigned by the Regional Director of Table Games
Education and Experience:
- High school or College diploma;
- 3 years experience in the Casino/Poker room or other related industries.
- Security Clearance is required
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Thorough knowledge of the game of Poker as well as the rules and regulations as they relate to the AGLC
- Lead training of job specific tasks relative to the game of Poker
- Administer the correspondence relative to the needs of the Poker Manager
- Up to date Pro-serve certification and training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Takes ownership of duties, shows initiative and is a proactive.
- Strategic thinker with a strong focus on goals, setting priorities and time management
- Team player and mentor
- Cash Handling integrity – Knowledge of Policies is required
- Must be experienced with problem solving, people skills, communication skills
- Confidentiality and professionalism is essential
- Must be able to exercise considerable supervisory discretion and make independent decisions
- Aptitude for exceptional customer service is a must
- Excellent working knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Must maintain a professional appearance, demeanor and approach at all times and will be flexible to work evenings and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Effective listening abilities and ability to make strong judgment calls.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching and prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
- Computer literacy is required and the knowledge and ability to use computers and related technology efficiently for sending and receiving of messages through the written word, such as in emails, letters and text messages is required
- Must be able to work different shifts